This web page sets out how Labmotive Ltd (which owns and operates the Remote Sampler service) uses and protects any information that you provide when you use this website.
Labmotive Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy was last updated on 16 April 2018.
1. What information do we collect?
We collect, store and process the following kinds of personal information from users of this website and people who sign up to our mailing lists.
- Registration information that you provide so that you can use the Remote Sampler service.
- For companies, your payment information (including your billing address) and VAT number.
- Information about your computer and your visits to this website (IP address, browser type and version).
- Information that you provide so when you complete our contact form (your name and email address).
- Any other information that you choose to send us.
2. How we use your personal information
Where you provide personal information for publication on our website, we will publish that information in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Remote Sampler service.
We may use your personal information to:
- provide you with the Remote Sampler service;
- send you email notifications as part of the Remote Sampler service;
- provide you with effective support as you use the Remote Sampler service;
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you or your company;
- improve your experience by personalising the service or our messages to you;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you;
- keep the website secure;
- verify compliance with the terms and conditions of the Remote Sampler service.
In order to perform the above activities, we will share some of your information with third parties in order to provide the services you request.
Information that you send us through the Remote Sampler application is shared with our infrastructure providers Amazon AWS.
Information that you email us is shared with our email provider Go Daddy.
We may retain such data about you for as long as you have an account with the Remote Sampler service. If you close your account, we may retain certain data you have sent to the service indefinitely in order to comply with accounting rules and other legal requirements.
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, agents, suppliers or contractors as reasonably necessary to deliver the Remote Sampler service to you. This includes our infrastructure providers, who may in the course of work learn your email address and other personal information:
Amazon Web Services, who provide our server infrastructure, including file storage and our user-authorisation database;
CSols Ltd, our trusted partner network.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
to the extent that we are required to by law;
if necessary for legal proceedings in which we are involved;
in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights, such as preventing fraud or abuse of the system;
to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling.
5. International data transfers
By using the Remote Sampler service, you expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
6. Security of your personal information
We will store all the personal information that we gather on our secure servers. These are protected by passwords, firewalls and encryption to ensure that your data remains secure. Certain information (such as emails you us) may also be stored on individual computers used by our team. These are also protected by passwords, firewalls and encryption.
As set out in the terms and conditions of service, you must keep your password confidential. We will never ask you for your password except when you log into the website.
7. Changes to this policy
8. Inspecting your personal information
You have the right to view any personal information that we hold about you. We will honour such requests provided that you:
provide appropriate evidence of your identity;
pay a processing fee (currently fixed at £10 sterling).
We may withold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may also ask us not to use your personal information for marketing purposes. To do this, you may send an email to our Support team indicating your preference. All marketing emails will also carry an option to unsubscribe from the marketing email list by clicking a link.
9. Linked websites
The Labmotive website may contain links to other websites. You may also encounter links to websites shared by other users of the Remote Sampler service. Labmotive Ltd is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third-party websites.
11. Contacting us
12. Data controller
The data controller responsible for the information collected on this website under UK Law is Labmotive Ltd. Our registration number with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office is ZA285298.